End-of-April Status Update

    I promise I have not dropped off the face of the earth. I have, however, been rather busy. For your information, here is a short list of my adventures:
    1. The last two weeks, I've had finals. During which time I had to do a massive overhaul on my research paper for English 2010... in two days. I also had a couple of smaller papers to write for Philosophy, some art to do for my English companion piece, and a Philosophy final exam to complete. Most of it wasn't too hard, but with it all added together I didn't have the brain cells to do all that and blog all at once. :)
    2. On the Saturday my English 2010 research paper was due (April 20th), I took my sister to a play she's wanted to see for years as a very late birthday gift. However, on the way there, my car ran out of coolant, overheated, and died. Both the radiator and the head gasket were out, and there were a bunch of other repairs to do while the mechanic had the engine taken apart so we got that done. The good news with that was that we "crash-landed," so to speak, in an auto shop's parking lot, about three blocks away from the theater we were going to for our play.
    3. Last week, I brought my mom and all my grandparents to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. It was super fun, but it was three trips to the Ashton Gardens, and 3 long walks through them, in one week, which is kind of a lot. I also broke another car, though I'm not entirely sure what was wrong with it or why the check engine light turned on. I'm not a mechanic; I don't understand these things. (We also had a third car go out because the brakes were making weird noises, but lucky for me I didn't break that one.)
    4. Yesterday, my mom and I went to a movie (called Unsung Hero) in the middle of the day. It was a great movie, but it was also right in the midst of all the car stuff, so that was an adventure.
    Fortunately, I have finally reached Summer Break, which I will spend working, dancing, reading, writing (as soon as I get my brain cells back to write fun stuff again), and playing D&D. It should be a fun summer before I head off to college for real and start making massive progress toward an Associate Degree.
    At any rate, I'm alive and doing things, and there will probably be more blog posts soon. For now, I'll leave you to continue your own adventures, and hopefully they are, overall, less annoying than some of mine have been. At least it seems that the majority of the car troubles are over with, though we don't seem to be quite out of the woods yet. My car still needs a follow-up check, and the other two also need a bit more work, but we've at least got them mostly usable, so that helps with transportation a good deal. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Matter of Perspective

Hot Chocolate & Saying Hello!

Three-Act Narrative Structure